The KS3 curriculum aims to introduce students to the different types of geography – environmental, human and physical through a variety of units of study. Additionally, we teach a range of transferable skills that students need in order to succeed in geography and can also be applied across the curriculum. This includes fieldwork wherever possible.
Year 7 Curriculum 2019-2020
• What is Geography?
• Japan – Land of Contrasts
• London 2012 Olympics and Urban Regeneration
• The Changing UK Coastline
• Weather and climate
Year 8 Curriculum 2019-2020
• Ecosystems and The Amazon Rainforest
• Sustainable development of the rainforest
• The Global Fashion Industry
• Map Skills
• Climate Change
• Coral Reefs
Year 9 Curriculum 2019-2020
• Development Studies – Why is Ghana an LIC?
• Is trade or aid the answer?
• Plate tectonics – Haiti 2010 v New Zealand 2011
• Energy – How are we going to power the future?
• The Living World – ecosystems with a focus on the deciduous forest ecosystem (first unit of the AQA GCSE course).
Fieldwork and Trips
• An investigation into microclimates is carried out in the school grounds.
• Trip to the Natural History Museum.