Careers, Employability & Enterprise Education
During the Seven Year Learning Journey here at Presdales School, we are preparing students for their future in modern Britain, as resilient citizens that are able to achieve their own personal goals, while having the skills to adapt to the changing demands of the economy.
The Careers Lead at Presdales is Mrs Julie Stephenson, Deputy Head Teacher.
To contact her about Careers Education at Presdales, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01920 462210.
Quality in Careers Standard
Investor in Careers is an accredited national licensed awarding body for the Quality in Careers Standard status for careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) provision.
Presdales School has successfully completed and achieved the Quality In Careers Standard reaccreditation, through Investor In Careers, May 2023. We have fully met the necessary criteria and are now full holders of the award for the next three years.
“There are many areas of very good practice within the CEIAG programme at Presdales School, which include:
- A whole school approach to CEIAG, with strong Senior Management and Governor support
- A very committed and well organised Careers Leader (the Deputy Headteacher), who has worked hard to develop a comprehensive CEIAG programme
- Good links with parents/carers, who are kept up-to-date with developments in the careers programme and called upon to provide assistance with work-related learning events
- An extensive data base of Alumnae who regularly take part in CEIAG activities
- An impressive mock interview event for Year 10 students – the Big Interview Day
- Good use of the Unifrog portal to monitor and evaluate the careers programme and enable students to access up-to-date careers and labour market information
- Excellent career links within the Art Department, which could be built upon to increase consistency in careers across the curriculum in all subjects
- A comprehensive IAG programme in Year 11 where all students have a 50 minute careers guidance interview with the external Careers Adviser
Presdales School is fully meeting the Quality in Careers Standard, through Investor in Careers and everyone involved in the CEIAG programme should feel proud of the contribution they have made to its success.”
If you would like any further information on the Quality in Careers Standard, please visit https://cswgroup.co.uk/what-we-do/education/investor-in-careers/
How is Careers, Employability and Enterprise Education taught at Presdales School?
Presdales has implemented the eight Gatsby Benchmarks through PSHE lessons as well as wider curriculum learning opportunities.
The eight Gatsby benchmarks of Good Career Guidance:
1. A stable careers programme
2. Learning from career and labour market information
3. Addressing the needs of each pupil
4. Linking curriculum learning to careers
5. Encounters with employers and employees
6. Experiences of workplaces
7. Encounters with further and higher education
8. Personal guidance
We work closely with Services for Young People (SfYP) (formally known as YC Herts), to provide 1:1 careers guidance interviews for students in Years 8-13 with a Level 6 Qualified Careers Guidance Advisor. This support is in addition to meetings with Form Tutors, Heads of Year and members of the Senior Leadership Team that students will have when making a careers progression decision.
To enhance our provision we also work closely with the Careers and Enterprise Company and an Enterprise Advisor who review the Careers, Employability and Enterprise provision provided to ensure we are fully meeting the Gatsby Benchmarks.
The careers information published is reviewed every year in the summer term.
Careers week workshops : 6th to 10th March 2023
STEM Army activity Day : 29th and 30th March 2023
Enterprise House Event
Unifrog careers activities in form times
Using the Super Curriculum
Enterprise Education Opportunities at Presdales School
Each year group has the opportunity to take part in enrichment opportunities to widen their enterprise skills.
• The whole school takes part in the annual Christmas Fair to raise funds for the Presdales PTA
• The whole school takes part in various activities to raise funds for the school charity and this is led by a sixth form team.
• Year 12 students can take part in the Young Enterprise Company Programme
We are trying to build up a careers programme that will support every student at Presdales School with their future decisions.
As part of this process we would like to increase the number of employer encounters that each student receives and it would be great if parents could support us with this endeavour.
Please click here to complete a short survey detailing what support you feel you can offer.
Thank you in advance and please let us know if you have any questions: email@example.com
Useful Careers Websites for Parents/Carers
The following websites are recommended for parents/carers to be able to know how to support your child when they are making careers decisions. Please note that there are many more sites available, these are provided as a starting point to help you to support your child.
Services for Young People
SfYP (previously known as YC Herts) have a variety of tools for both young people and parents to support careers choices. At Presdales they have access to see a SfYP Adviser at a drop in clinic in school on a Tuesday between 1 and 1.30 or visit SfYP Access points around Hertfordshire.
National Careers Service
This is the government provided website to support careers education from the age of 13 – retirement!
Every student has a login for this complete destination platform.
Hertfordshire Opportunities Portal
Find all you need to explore career opportunities in Hertfordshire – jobs, apprenticeships, support to make informed career decisions, explore the world of work in Hertfordshire, tips on gaining work experience, skills development, and lots more – here.
Army STEM Day