The Careers Lead at Presdales is Mrs Julie Stephenson, Deputy Head Teacher.
To contact her about Careers Education at Presdales, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01920 462210.
Quality in Careers Standard
Investor in Careers is an accredited national licensed awarding body for the Quality in Careers Standard status for careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) provision.
Presdales School has successfully completed and achieved the Quality In Careers Standard reaccreditation, through Investor In Careers, May 2023. We have fully met the necessary criteria and are now full holders of the award for the next three years.
“There are many areas of very good practice within the CEIAG programme at Presdales School, which include:
- A whole school approach to CEIAG, with strong Senior Management and Governor support
- A very committed and well organised Careers Leader (the Deputy Headteacher), who has worked hard to develop a comprehensive CEIAG programme
- Good links with parents/carers, who are kept up-to-date with developments in the careers programme and called upon to provide assistance with work-related learning events
- An extensive data base of Alumnae who regularly take part in CEIAG activities
- An impressive mock interview event for Year 10 students – the Big Interview Day
- Good use of the Unifrog portal to monitor and evaluate the careers programme and enable students to access up-to-date careers and labour market information
- Excellent career links within the Art Department, which could be built upon to increase consistency in careers across the curriculum in all subjects
- A comprehensive IAG programme in Year 11 where all students have a 50 minute careers guidance interview with the external Careers Adviser
Presdales School is fully meeting the Quality in Careers Standard, through Investor in Careers and everyone involved in the CEIAG programme should feel proud of the contribution they have made to its success.”
If you would like any further information on the Quality in Careers Standard, please visit https://cswgroup.co.uk/what-we-do/education/investor-in-careers/
How is Careers Education taught at Presdales School?
Presdales has implemented the eight Gatsby Benchmarks through PSHE lessons as well as wider curriculum learning opportunities.
The eight Gatsby benchmarks of Good Career Guidance:
1. A stable careers programme
2. Learning from career and labour market information
3. Addressing the needs of each pupil
4. Linking curriculum learning to careers
5. Encounters with employers and employees
6. Experiences of workplaces
7. Encounters with further and higher education
8. Personal guidance
We work closely with Services for Young People (SfYP) (formally known as YC Herts), to provide 1:1 careers guidance interviews for students in Years 8-13 with a Level 6 Qualified Careers Guidance Advisor. This support is in addition to meetings with Form Tutors, Heads of Year and members of the Senior Leadership Team that students will have when making a careers progression decision.
To enhance our provision we also work closely with the Careers and Enterprise Company and an Enterprise Advisor who review the Careers, Employability and Enterprise provision provided to ensure we are fully meeting the Gatsby Benchmarks.
The careers information published is reviewed every year in the summer term.