16-19 Tuition Fund
What is the 16 to 19 Tuition Fund?
The 16 to 19 Tuition Fund is a one-off for the 2020-2021 academic year only. It is ring-fenced funding for schools, colleges and all other 16 to 19 providers to support 16 to 19 students in English, Maths, and other courses where learning has been disrupted. Although the actual tuition does not need to be for GCSE English or Mathematics, the students supported all need to be those who had not achieved grade 5 or above in at least one of those subjects at this level by age 16.
How will Presdales School use the 16 to 19 Tuition Fund?
At Presdales School we intend to use the funding to provide additional support to small groups of no more than 5 students that have not yet achieved a grade 4 or higher in GCSE Maths or English and students identified with challenges and gaps due to extended school closure.
Presdales will use the funding as follows:
- GCSE exam resit preparation
- To purchase bespoke resources for students and use them to support their learning
- Developing subject specific knowledge and skills gaps through support/catch up sessions
Support may be delivered both onsite and remotely.
Presdales School is committed to ensuring the tuition fund is used in accordance with the Government’s guidance on the 16 to 19 tuition fund by:
• producing this statement setting out how the fund will be used to support the most disadvantaged students
• publishing this guidance on the school website
• recording the use of the fund, including references to individual students who receive support, the needs of those students, the number of hours of tuition delivered and retain the evidence of the tuition provided
• deliver the extra tuition and spend the allocated funds in the academic year 2020/21
• notify the Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) of any underspend from the Fund for it to be reclaimed