PRESDALES SCHOOL UNIFORM
John Lewis recently decided that they will not continue to stock and supply our school uniform because of reduced sales over the past few years. We have therefore secured the provision of our school uniform from a choice of stockists ready for the new academic year starting this September. There will be no changes in the uniform requirements.
We do seek to ensure that parents have a competitive choice of uniform providers and therefore from the summer of this year, parents will be able to purchase our main school uniform from a choice of two suppliers:
• Kids Connection
14 Market Place
131-135 Victoria Street
Our sportswear will be available from both Kids Connection, Stevensons and will also continue to be provided by:
• Henry Tilly
94 Turners Hill
Parents are currently still able to purchase uniform from John Lewis while stocks are available. We will continue to provide an opportunity to purchase uniform from all our suppliers for students new to Year 7 in September, when the suppliers visit us as part of the secondary transfer process.
Additionally, the Presdales Association supplies high quality second hand uniform on request.
Presdales Association email address: email@example.com
1. A Presdales School jumper.
2. A short-sleeved open-necked white blouse with flat revers, as supplied by John Lewis or alternative providers.
3. A simple dark navy box-pleated skirt as supplied by John Lewis, which must be at least knee length.
4. Navy tights or short white socks. Please note that no socks at all is unacceptable for hygiene reasons.
5. Black, brown or navy low-heeled shoes. Please note that trainers, boots, canvas or fabric shoes are unacceptable (except for medical reasons, in which case a note must be brought as evidence). Shoes have to be polishable although suede shoes are acceptable. Logos on shoes are not permitted.
Three options are available from both John Lewis and our ‘nearly new’ shop: a plain dark navy nylon/polyester ‘Three in One’ rain jacket with a removable fleece lining, a plain dark navy ‘storm’ coat and a plain dark navy nylon rain jacket. Additionally, the school will accept any other plain dark navy or black coat parents may identify, provided that it is undecorated.
Sportswear – the following can be ordered online by going to http://shop.htsports.co.uk/category4890719.html
|1. Navy, red and white polo shirt with school logo||Henry Tilly|
|2. Navy, red and white PE skort (skirt and shorts in one)||Henry Tilly|
|3. Navy, red and white sweatshirt with school logo||Henry Tilly|
|4. Navy track trousers (optional)||Henry Tilly|
|5. Navy football shorts||Henry Tilly|
|6. Red football socks||Henry Tilly|
|7. A pair of trainers and white socks||Henry Tilly/John Lewis|
|8. A pair of hockey/football boots||Henry Tilly|
|9. A one piece swimming costume, hat, towel and flip flops||Henry Tilly/any sports shop|
NB All students should have a pair of shin pads and a gum shield for hockey. They may also like to have their own hockey stick and tennis racquet.
1. Jewellery is not allowed (which includes wristbands of all types). Students who have their ears pierced may wear only a single pair of plain studs in the lower earlobe; there should be no facial studs or rings at all.
2. Acrylic nails are not allowed for safety reasons.
3. No make-up should be worn by students in Years 7–9. Discreet natural make-up is permitted thereafter.
4. Hair dyed other than a completely natural colour is unacceptable and hair below shoulder length should be tied back during practical sessions for safety reasons.
5. Items of PE uniform should have initials embroidered on them, and all other items of property, including watches and fountain pens, should be clearly marked with the owner's name.
6. Where the colour navy is specified, this means DARK navy.