The Geography Department
Geography is taught by a team of specialist teachers which consists of Mrs Looker, Mrs Fry, Mrs Worthy, Mrs Le Gars and Miss Stitson. Our approach to developing the geography curriculum aims to take in the diversity of our subject in terms of both knowledge and skills.
Departmental Aims and Vision
- Provide all pupils with a worthwhile educational experience through well-designed schemes of work and fieldwork wherever possible.
- Stimulate curiosity, interest and enjoyment of the Geography and world around us.
- Enable pupils to acquire understanding and knowledge of the concepts, theories and ideas involved in both physical and human geography.
- Encourage pupils to reflect on the impacts of their own actions and those of others, at a local and global scale.
- Encourage students to develop empathy and understanding of different views and perspectives associated with real life issues.
- Use current case studies wherever possible to promote Geography as a real life, relevant subject.
- Encourage students to take responsibility for their own learning and encourage independent study.
- Ensure that we maintain high levels of achievement at all Key Stages.
Click on the links in the left hand menu to view information about Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4.